Relationship Name

Nov 10, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Great stuff works a treat.  Nearly 1000 relationships imported in under a minute! 

Exported the two related entities from CRM to Excel using the "Make this data available for re-import".  This means that the GUIDs are included in the exported data in Excel as hidden columns.  Then I created the joins between the GUIDs and saved to a csv file (excel vlookup function is handy for doing this).

Just one gotcha for me was the relationship name.  The two custom entities that I joined in N:N relationship had quite long names and when the system generated name for the relationship is too long CRM truncates it.  BUT it does so differently for the "Name" and the "Relationship Entity Name" which would normally be the same  i.e the Name attribute is 2 chars longer than the Relationship entity name (can see this in the form designer>relationships>N:N screen).  So worth noting that the the Importer uses the Relationship Definition : Name.

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Hi,

I saw your post on CodePlex regarding the 'Many-to-Many' importer.  In your message you state:

"Exported the two related entities from CRM to Excel using the 'Make this data available for re-import'."

Can you please explain where you see the option 'Make this data available for re-import'?   We are using Dynamcis CRM 4.0 - Enterprise Edition (latest download with all of the roll-ups applied) and when we export to Excel we don't see that option anywhere.  Any assistance you can provide us would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Tim Ziegner, Software Consultant

Austin, Texas

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Hi Tim,

apologies for the delay in replying, I have't done any M-M imports for a while and you have probably solved this one by now.  The make data available for re-import option was removed during one of the CRM rollups (not sure which one).  However, even better from RollUp 9 onwards the record Guids are always exported into excel but they are in a hidden left column.  In excel select column B and right click select unhide and you should see column A containing the GUIDs 

hope this is still a help

Adam